Our solution for the home warranty business took the shape of a multi-year roadmap that guided long-term, sustainable improvements to the contact center and the overall customer experience. Our assessment team collaborated on the execution and provided the necessary program management and subject matter expertise to implement six key initiatives.
- Streamline Interactive Voice Response (IVR): We provided project and subject matter support to streamline the corporate IVR system. This entailed consolidating over 100 phone numbers down to 3 primary numbers, through which 80% of the call traffic was filtered. These recommendations enabled the business to improve the customer experience, provide efficient and accurate routing of calls and promote self-service opportunities.
- Vendor Management Program: Our team facilitated the development of cost and quality measures for the call center, as well as training and a business review cadence.
- Vendor Selection Process: We spearheaded the RFP process and led the selection for a new call center vendor that could best meet the company’s new requirements.
- Work Force Management: We created a formal work force manager position and implemented software that helped the home warranty business forecast, schedule and analyze calls and employee results. This has led to increased quality and reduced costs.
- Peak Season Planning: A cross-functional task force was created to effectively manage the demands of the peak season. This team enabled reliable forecasting for staffing requirements and defined the interim policies and process changes that could accommodate peak period call volumes.
- Change Management: Lastly, we facilitated the design and implementation of an organizational change model that could overcome the natural resistance to new systems and processes.